Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mother



Composition:  I took this photo at my house living room. I used my mother for my ‘Portrait Assignment’ model. In this image, she is sitting on the couch and looking at the side of my living room. I used the light comes from back side of her sitting. Focus on her torso.

Concept/Idea: I actually took her photos a lot and I just gave her some kind of theme and she expressed(or not) I want to shoot it not only warm feeling but also some other feeling that she might feels every day.

Method: Setting up the light on her back side and I ordered her to look at where she wants except camera. I tried to shoot natural shot that contains the emotion of her life.


Motivation: Even though the fundamental motivation is my longing towards her. However, I also want to know her more deep inside. Even though I always talk to her and hanging out with her, I feel like I need to know her more than as a ‘Mother’. I wanted to know who this woman is, rather than my mom is like…… I hope you understand what I’m explaining…

Context: From this image, I think it would be great to have some specific background that can show her moment in detail. Kitchen can be good but since I want to show the image of woman, I would like to show her in different position. Just a normal woman but after women got married, their name is change as ‘mother.’ I want to show her as ‘before mother’ even though she already used to live in mother life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment