Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mother



Composition: I took it at my house kitchen. Using a model, my mom, I was thinking about take photos of who I really know well. I asked her to wear apron and stand middle of kitchen. Because of some potteries and her apron setting, that gives the idea to figure out her job, housewife. I set the light in front of her and focused on her face. There is also high contrast between values.

Concept/Idea: I wanted to show what mothers usually doing in the kitchen. They are usually wearing apron, washing dishes, cooking, cleaning, and so on.

Method: Nothing special method but setting up her costume (only wearing apron top of her clothes), change the location for shooting, kitchen. Along with the setting, I shoot it in different angle and I end it up with this image.

Motivation: Simply, I wanted to show what moms doing often time. Most of people said that when mother working on something in the kitchen, she become the most beautiful woman in the world (I just heard, not quite sure though). Therefore, I wanted to take some photos of my mom while she is in the kitchen.


Context: I personally like the natural shot but when I was taking this photo, I was really sensitive about the setting. Depends on how I angle, the setting changed totally different. Also the wall on the right side of image, I was really worried about not being straight. However, since I had to show her arms and other stuff, I need to take it as that angle eventually. What I want to talk about is, since different setting makes different expression in photographs, setting is huge part in photography.



No comments:

Post a Comment