Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mother



Composition:  I took this photo at my house living room. I used my mother for my ‘Portrait Assignment’ model. Even though I was setting up studio light stands on the floor, this image didn’t contain dramatic expression. Using close up shot and focus on her face then out of focus on the background.

Concept/Idea: Simply, I really want to take my family’s portraits. Since my mother currently visiting my house for a while, I wanted to take photos of my mom. There wasn’t specific concept but I wanted to express some kind of warm feeling. I kept asking her smile while I was taking zoom set.

Method: I set up the light where she facing in this image. So.. Simply, she is looking at the light stand in this picture. I was standing very close to her and I captured her smile. Even though she didn’t like wrinkles in this image, I think that helps to convey warm and natural feeling to viewers.

Motivaton: Im living in the United States about 6 years right now. Since my mother and I barely meet( which is not normal situations) each other, I want to capture her face, movements and others about her. My longing motivated to take my mothers portraits.

Context: Many professional photographers and non-professional photographers are taking their families photos for their portraits work. People always want to capture their personal life, issues and moment. Through their photos, viewers can understand what photographers circumstances and motivations. 


No comments:

Post a Comment