Thursday, February 10, 2011

Blog Prompt # 14

Unknown vs. Familiar Space: When photography was invented, it became a way to document and reveal the specific aspects of both familiar and faraway places. Imagine a familiar place. Imagine a faraway place. How would you use photographs to convey the difference? Can you imagine any places that have been “touched” very little by humans? How might you photograph them?


I think the 'familiar place' photographs will contain my portrait and I will focus on specific subject with my hand or other parts of my body. But the faraway place photographs will contain only the natural setting and I would take it as wide shot. I can find many places that have been touched very little by human in Michigan. For example, since Michigan has lots of snow days, there are many ground that didn't destroy by human footprint or any other marks. I might photograph that setting as using sunlight to look shiny and using wide shot, I want to express pureness of nature.







No comments:

Post a Comment