Thursday, February 10, 2011

Blog Prompt #11

Memory of a Place: Try to imagine a place from your past. Do you have pictures of this place? Describe this place as you remember it. What might a photograph look like of this place if you were to go back and photograph it? What would it look like in the past? What would it look like to you today? Where are you standing in this place? What other items are in this place? What colors do you see? Are there other people or are you alone? Make a “written photograph” of this place using words/description.

Even thought I have countless places that have my memories, I would choose the play ground in front of my house. On 2000, I moved to different county in Seoul. When I moved there, everything was new. While my parents started unpacking, I went out and found out play ground in front of my house. It was public play ground and looked very old.  I was sitting on the swing chair and listened music( I brought CD player with me when I went out). It was very little play ground that only had three swing chairs and one seesaw. I believe it was 5pm and sky was getting darker and darker. Since I was stay there by alone, first I felt excitement and enjoyment but at the same time, I was really scary about being alone. 
If I can go back to that moment and take photos of that place, I would take few photos of swing chairs far away from swings Also, I would take photos of sky; because when I played on the swing(while listen to music), I naturally looked at the sky. If I was young and take photos of that place, I might use black and white color or orange-ish color because of light from stand light. 
If I can go back there right now, I definitely take photos of swings and seesaw and I would take photos of children playing around at the play ground when sunset. Also,  I would set up some specific situation. For example, I might put earplug and CD player on the swing chair. Or I might use a child as my model and ask her to just sitting there with face down. I think this would express my emotion on that time. I might use real vivid color or I would use black and white. 







No comments:

Post a Comment