Thursday, February 17, 2011

Contemporary Photographer research


Uta Barth










Uta Barth was born in 1958 in Berlin and currently lives and works in LA.
Barth has used photography in her own aesthetic way. Such as experimenting with depth of filed, focus on framing to take photographs that are suggestive rather than let viewers know the description of her photos.
She usually capture interior setting by using diffuse shot.
In her early work, she focused on simply interiors, fashioning images of spaces resonant with emptiness and this theme she is calling as 'Ground' which created around 1994. Also she has 'Field' exhibition that concentrated in cinematic photos.
She actually has been a professor in the Department of Art, University of California, Riverside since 1990. She started her work in the id-1980s and had been exhibit her works in galleries and museum. 
I really like the way she uses the tone of color. Also I like the emptiness of her photographs. I was really amazed by her age. The reason for that is because my mother also was born in 1958. I really impressed that she is actually working on her career. Also, since I am interested in mounted color photographs that capture nature subjects, I impressed the way she express the tone and emotion of photos. 



No comments:

Post a Comment