Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Place 2


Composition :  I went to main library fourth floor and I found the section that covered by yellow LPs and I found the one light blue LP cover. I thought that color of yellow and light blue match each other perfectly; I just pulled out half part of light blue LP and took it with natural light.

Concept: For this image, I focused on the color. The lemon-yellow color was very attractive and the light blue gave me some kind of nostalgia feeling.
Method: As I mentioned above, I tried to focus on lemon-yellow color and I found out light blue cover LP. I want to combine together for my image. Therefore, I pulled out half part of light blue cover LP and tried to show up both color together.

Motivation: When I was thinking about the topic, Place, I wanted to capture some artistic area.  I went some museum and auditorium. However, it just gave me ‘ART’ and that wasn’t what I want. I mean I want to capture the moment of art but I don’t want to capture the ‘complete art place.’ (Sorry for the lack of explanation.) I went to library to take a break actually and I was thinking about art department library. I went upstairs and looking for art, music books. I thought that fourth floor of main library is the place that I was looking for.
Context:  Many photographers using color for their expression; especially, using vivid color. Even though the main topic is ‘place’ I used color for express the moment of that place. 


No comments:

Post a Comment