Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Place 4


Composition : I took this photo at Owen Hall. Emphasizing the contemporary construction shapes and used indoor light.

Concept: For this photo, the concept is contemporary. Even though I love contemporary art works, to me, it’s very hard subject. Therefore, I wanted to capture some contemporary place.  

Method: As constructed, it gave us the idea of contemporary; however, I wanted to make it more sharpy and more urban feeling. So, I changed the color from yellowish to bluish and make it huge contrast between dark side and light side.

Motivation: Simply, my motivation came from challenge. I love contemporary and I really enjoy going to contemporary museum. However, to me it is very difficult subject to try out. To me contemporary seems like closer to urban place so I was looking for some urban-looking space. I took several photos of constructions, building and I ended up with this photo.

Context: Even though I mentioned that I was trying to capture some contemporary moment, but I think I capture some urban place and there is huge differences and wrong interpretation between contemporary and urban. Therefore I need to working on more to figure out the meaning of contemporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment