Sunday, March 27, 2011

Blog Prompt #23

1. In what ways do you “construct” your identity? In what ways do you “perform” in your daily life?
- I think this is kind of bad way but... I am keep thinking myself alone... It's really hard to find the answers but.. I actually don't like about having deep conversation with someone therefore, I am usually construct myself by alone. Performing.... I think 'thinking' is the most usual way of performing in my life. 
2. Describe some ways in which your personal culture and social environments are “constructed”.
- Coming to the United State changed my life environment whole lot. I think social environment made me change to live in different thought or point of view than other people who live in my country. My personal culture has been changing over and over again. I think it's because of too much thinking about myself. I am not talking about care about myself but... after I came here, I always care about self-realization. 
3. Describe some ways in which your physical environment/space is “constructed”.
- The way my physical environment/space can constructed would be simply, every place that I visit. Not only every moment but every place that I visit gave me inspiration and it helped me to construct my identity and helped me to be more mature person.
4. In your daily life, what would you consider to be “real” and what would you consider to be “constructed/fabricated”?
- I think 'real me' always live inside of me. I can't show other people...... it's not because of I am a bad person but because of my memories.... I am kind of hard to believe somebody. Having conversation with someone I don't know can be fabricated moment in my life. I can't show them my character right away because they are not my friend...
5. Describe a narrative tableaux that you might create to be captured by a photograph. A narrative tableaux can be defined as “Several human actors play out scenes from everyday life, history, myth or the fantasy of the direction artist” ( Constructed Realities: The Art of Staged Photography Edited by Michael Kohler , 34).
- "Every day of our life... we live in real moment but at the same time.. we live in constructed moment.."

6. Describe an idea for a photograph that includes a miniature stage or still life. A description of such an image is “The tableaux reconstructs events as in the narrative tableaux, but in miniaturized format, using dolls and other toy objects” (Kohler, 34).
- I think the photographs that include miniature stage or still life gives the idea of third person point of view. As we looking at the photos of still ife or miniature stage, not only we sympathizing but also thinking about their own condition. For example, I saw a photo that shows all the Barbies.  First time when I looked at it, I was flashing back to my youth life but after thinking, I was try to think about Barbie's point of view... what are they thinking and what are they trying to say??.

No comments:

Post a Comment