Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Play







Composition: shot with fingers on the acoustic guitar.  What I want to emphasis from this image is clear pushing the guitar string. Using depth of field, I wanted to show the focus more on the finger on the string. Also I used the high contrast between fingers and further background. Since I want to focus on the texture, I was focus on my fingerprint.


Concept/Idea: Since I choose my prompt for 'play' I want to show the actual playing with some instrument.


Method: I got my guitar when I had my 18 Birthday. My sister bought for me and I am still learning. When I think about the word 'play', first it reminds me instruments. So, I decided to use my guitar for my 'play prompt'. Nothing special meaning but I want to show the actual idea of play so I tried to hold the guitar strings to look like playing the guitar.


Motivation: Again, I really wanted to give the sense of 'play' so I try to hold guitar strings or I was thinking about other hand motions that I usually using while I play the guitar.


Context: There are lots of black and white instruments or fingerprint photos around the world, However, the difference can be this is all mine. My fingers, my guitar and I took this photo. I think compare between other artists' black and white instruments photo with my photo is nonsense. I have to work on more about focus, handle aperture, shutter speed.
But overall, I really satisfy with my final image of play

No comments:

Post a Comment