Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Confined





Composition:  I took this photo at my front yard and I used one balloon and sprigs for my models. high contrast shot between sprigs and balloon and also the ground and the branches. Using depth of field, I tried to viewer more concentrate on the balloon. Light is natural light on a cloudy day. 


Concept/Idea: Using the balloon and sprigs, I want to express my circumstances and my feeling. Balloon, as me, I want to set it in the air but at the same time, I would put some obstacles around the balloon. What I want to convey from this picture is, the balloon wants to be free and want to fly with the wind but because of hesitation, complex situation, it can't fly away from there. But the actual Obstacles are all come from own mind, not in the circumstances. So the branches are all my complicated thoughts and the balloon is me. Using the high contrast between a balloon and sprigs, I want to convey the idea more strongly.


Method: I set the balloon on the sprigs and I took this photo at the high eye level angle. I experiment with lots of other setting and shooting angles, several photos are took it from low angle and several photos are took it with different settings. 

Motivaton: First I tried to figure out how to show my emotion and thoughts more attrativly in my photo. The strong idea was self emotion and I looked through several photos that deals with self-emotion. Many of them are shoot model or portrait. I didn't want me in this project so I tried to figure out to find out which subject can be replace me. I found a balloon package and when I make a great circle of balloon, I set on the ground and sprigs.

Context: I think my idea in this photo can be understandable to viewers. Many people are struggling with their own situation and their circumstances. However, what I want to convey from this image is change own thought can be the best way to get out from struggles. Still, I'm struggling in some part of my life and I am keep trying to get rid of any passive and negative thoughts from my mind when I think of my struggles. Even though it's very strong idea, balloon and branches are very easy subjects in some way. Therefore, compare with other artists' photo that deals with some struggles, I used props that can make lack of conveyance.





No comments:

Post a Comment