Sunday, January 30, 2011

Blog Prompt #7

 Pay close attention to the types and number of photographic portraits you see in one day. Where did you see them? How do you think that the content of the portrait changes based on the context in which you see the image (news, facebook, magazine, advertisement, television, youtube, etc)? In other words, what is the difference between the portraits you see on facebook vs. those on the news? What is the difference between the “viewpoint” of the photographer in each situation? What is the difference between their “intents”?


I think I saw countless portraits through commercial, poster, my own pictures, Facebook and other locations today. 
When I compare several portraits along with medium, I can interpret same portraits in different perspectives. For example, if I saw one specific portraits in both CNN and Facebook, I might have different viewpoint with same photo. When I see some portraits in the news, I usually think some kind of criminal issues. When I see some photographic portraits in Facebook, I feel like it's more about personal and memorable issues. Every portraits have their own reason and their own perspective. I think it's hard to choose specific portrait is better intent than other one. However, depends on situation and how well photographer took the photos can make difference of quality.





No comments:

Post a Comment